Common Hardware Systems
Common Hardware Systems (CHS) acquires and sustain highly flexible, cost effective, common, and simplified non-developmental Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) solutions that improve interoperability and connectivity on the battlefield while garnering efficient competition to enable the latest commercial technology solutions to be integrated onto the Army tactical network.
The CHS program office enables the Army’s Operating Force through a holistic approach to acquiring modified commercial off-the-shelf information technology (COTS IT) hardware across the battle space, utilizing the most effective and efficient means to meet tactical program offices’ fielding requirements. CHS also enables the Army’s crew-served tactical tracked and wheeled vehicles and command posts to gain the decisive edge on the battlefield by providing a reliable, robust, and scalable command, control, and communications intercom system. The CHS-4 and VIC-5 contracts provide the procurement mechanisms to meet Army and DoD requirements.
- Streamlined Rapid Acquisition Process: CHS provides a “one-stop shop” consolidated, rapid acquisition capability for all requirements including engineering support, hardware and sustainment services.
- Configuration Management
- End of Life Management
- Emerging Technology Coordination
- Better Buying Power to meet requirements for common hardware platforms
- Web-Based Customer Interface allows customers to initiate hardware orders
- Vehicular Intercommunications System provides a common solution that meets the Army’s operational needs
Last Updated: March 6, 2017