Tactical Network Initialization & Configuration
Tactical Network Initialization and Configuration (TNIC) rapidly deliver relevant network initialization products and solutions to the Warfighter in support of evolving Army directives.
TNIC Initialization Products, commonly known as Data Products, include the information required to enable end-to-end network centric connectivity and interoperability across the Tactical Internet (TI) via Warfighter Information Network – Tactical (WIN-T). They enable the Common Operational Picture (COP)/Situational Awareness (SA) and Variable Message Format (VMF)/ United States Message Text Format (USMTF) Command and Control (C2) messages for Mission Command, Joint Capabilities Release (JCR) / Joint Battle Command-Platform (JBC-P), Maneuver, Fires, Aviation, and selected Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (IEW&S) and Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) products. Data Product schedules are synchronized to meet Unit Set Fielding (USF) requirements, such as Product Acceptance Tests (PAT2), Validation Exercises, PM Fieldings, Initial Capabilities Development (ICD) and deployment events.
TNIC Initialization Products:
- Enable C2 and application messaging
- Initialization Tool Suite (ITS) – a suite of applications that supports operational flexibility to dynamically initialize a unit’s data, the adam l.dif (i.e., “the digital telephone book”), to meet mission requirements
- Enable IP connectivity and end-to-end network communications
- IP Address Templates
- Telephony Numbering Plans
- Multicast Addressing/ Autonomous System Numbering
- Network Device Configurations
- Interconnectivity Diagrams
- Engineering Field Notices
- Configuration Management/SharePoint Portal
Last Updated: March 6, 2017