Product Manager Network Modernization (PdM NetMod) delivers innovative and evolving line-of-sight and beyond-line-of-sight modular network transport capabilities that enable commanders to best support the fight at every stage of operations -- from home station, to early entry to the most austere edge of the battlefield. These small form factor agile capabilities will augment and expand the tactical network to suit mission requirements. These new commercial off the shelf products will increase the expeditionary nature of today’s forces and their ability to deploy right-sized units to the right place at the right time.
Operational requirements have pushed the need for communication capabilities lower in Army formations. PdM NetMod products will also extend the network to lower echelons via modular, scalable and interoperable nodes. This network capability suite provides significant increases in bandwidth, range and situational awareness, while reducing footprint, enabling a more effective and rapidly deployable force.
Additional Capabilities / Programs
Product Manager Network Modernization manages numerous programs that significantly improve capability and the expeditionary nature of today’s operational force.
- Enroute Mission Command (EMC)
- Terrestrial Transmission Line Of Sight (TRILOS) Radio
- Tropospheric Scatter Transmission (Tropo)
- Secure Wi-Fi
- Secure 4G LTE
- Commercial Coalition Equipment (CCE)
- Modular Communications Node - Advanced Enclave (MCN-AE)
- Disaster Incident Response Emergency Communications Terminal (DIRECT)
Area Common User System Modernization (ACUS MOD):
- Single Shelter Switch
- Legacy High Capacity Line of Sight (HCLOS) Radio
- Legacy Tropospheric Scatter (Tropo) Radio
- Tactical Network Operations (NetOps) Management System (TNMS)
- Battlefield Video Teleconference (BVTC)
Last Updated: October 13, 2017