Airborne, Maritime, Fixed Station
Airborne, Maritime & Fixed Station (AMF) tactical radios will provide Army Aviation platforms the ability to link with and expand integrated tactical networks. AMF ensures Army Aviators’ ability to communicate both horizontally and vertically via voice and data within all mission areas and in all combat operational environments.
AMF Small Airborne Networking Radio (SANR) is a software programmable, multiband, multi-mode radio that will provide simultaneous voice and communications. The radio will support the Common Operational Picture (COP), Situational Awareness (SA), and interoperability of Mission Command (MC) systems throughout the battlefield. The SANR will help close capability gaps connecting Army aviation platforms to Army ground and joint air network domains. Per Milestone Decision Authority direction, the redefined AMF Program will procure the SANR as a Modified Non-Developmental Item.
Small Airborne Networking Radio (SANR)
- SANR will provide support to the Apache, Chinook, Black Hawk and Unmanned Aircraft System Gray Eagle aircraft.
- SANR will provide a two- channel networking radio capable of using a number of waveforms, including the Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW) and the Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System.
- Maintains air-ground interoperability between maneuver ground forces and aviation.
- Provides commanders enhanced SA and MC in a package that provides a more responsive means of directing aircraft to match changing maneuver forces.
Multifunctional Information Distribution Systems (MIDS)
- The MIDS (Link-16) provides multiservice/NATO interoperability and SA and supports air and missile defense engagement operations.
- Features 200-watt power amplifier enabling a range of up to 300 nautical miles
- Near real time distribution of air and missile tracks
- Nets air defense control centers
- Control air/missile defense Operations
- Secure/jam resistant communications
- High data throughput
- Time division multiple access
- 300nm (Normal)/500 nm (Extended) Range