Fire Support Command and Control
Fire Support Command and Control (FSC2) empowers commanders to plan and execute the delivery of lethal fires and effects by providing capabilities to employ joint digital fires, enhance situational awareness and increase collaboration.
FSC2 provides Army, joint and coalition commanders with the capability to plan, execute and deliver both lethal and non-lethal fires and effects. FSC2 systems comprise the entire sensor-to-shooter digital kill chain, from the dismounted forward observer through theater and Combatant Command planning cells. These systems integrate Army, joint and coalition targeting capabilities and fuse that information with the ballistic calculations required to deliver precision munitions.
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) provides fully automated support for planning, coordinating, controlling and executing fires and effects, including mortars, field artillery cannons, rockets and missiles, close air support, attack aviation and Naval surface fire-support systems. AFATDS is the primary command and control system for Long-Range Precision Fires (LRPF) Cross-Functional Team (CFT) initiatives, such as Extended Range Cannon Artillery (ERCA), Extended Range Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (ER-GMLRS), Precision Strike Missile Program (PrSM) and Projectile Tracking System (PTS).
- Precision Fires-Dismounted (PF-D) is used by forward observers and fire support teams to transmit and receive fire support messages over standard military line-of-sight, high-frequency and satellite communications radios. PF-D enhances this functionality over legacy systems with a revamped user interface and precision fires targeting capabilities. PF-D is hosted as a software application on common Army hardware in the Handheld Computing Environment.
- Lightweight Forward Entry Device (LFED) hosts the Forward Observer System (FOS) software, which enables mounted forward observers and fire support officers to plan, control and execute fire support operations at maneuver platoon, company, and battalion and brigade levels across the mounted formation. It will be replaced by Precision Fires–Mounted (PF-M) beginning in FY21.
- CENTAUR is the lightweight technical fire direction system that provides an automated cannon ballistic firing solution to the Fire Direction Centers (FDCs). Its primary function is a secondary technical calculation check for AFATDS or manual calculations.
- The Profiler weather system improves artillery accuracy by providing meteorological (MET) data, which is one of five requirements for accurate predicted fires. Profiler provides MET information to field artillery assets via AFATDS. Weather information is received via the Weather Data download site or the Global Broadcast Satellite (GBS), and computations provide correction information along the projectile trajectory and within the target area.
- Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS) is a joint mission management software application that provides a suite of tools and interfaces for integration across battlespace functional areas focusing on the Joint Target Cycle. JADOCS provides timely, accurate, detailed battlespace view for target nomination and vetting, target execution and coordination, air operations information, intelligence operations information, battle damage assessment and campaign plan.