Strategic Mission Command
Strategic Mission Command (SMC) develops, integrates, fields and supports the Army’s core mission command collaborative environment and maneuver applications to enable operating force commanders to make timely and effective decisions within the Army, joint and coalition environments. Product Director SMC will reach full deployment and transition all products to sustainment in FY19.
SMC provides interoperable hardware and software solutions to the Army, joint and coalition partner communities.
- Global Command and Control System-Army (GCCS-A) is the Army’s strategic and theater command and control (C2) system. It fulfills the need for critical automated C2 to enhance Soldiers’ capabilities throughout the spectrum of conflict during joint and combined operations.
- Common Software (CS) is a suite of 13 individual products that, when combined, provide the binding agent for interoperability among the Army’s C4ISR systems.
- The Command Post of the Future (CPOF) is a decision support system, providing situational awareness (SA) and collaborative tools for tactical decision making, planning, rehearsal, and execution management from corps to company level.
- WAVE is a commercial-off-theshelf (COTS) Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) tool that provides interoperable voice support to CPOF.
- Command Web (CW) is an extensible web framework environment that houses C2 lightweight web applications called “widgets” to facilitate the fusion of operations information and engineer capabilities to provide a more complete SA picture and engineer staff capabilities.
- Battle Command Common Services (BCCS) and Tactical Server Infrastructure (TSI) provide a powerful and capable server suite for virtualizing mission command focused applications while ensuring commonality to the command post hardware infrastructure.