Military Technical (MilTech) Solutions provides innovative collaboration and information sharing IT services and products that increase the efficiency and operational performance of the diverse DoD workforce.
Military Technical (MilTech) Solutions is a fully reimbursable NonAcquisition Category (ACAT) that provides collaboration technologies to connect the DoD community and close the gap between enterprise and tactical IT MilTech uses a customer-funded approach that allows partnered organizations to pool resources and co-invest in technologies, reducing each partner’s individual costs while addressing critical organizational IT challenges.
- milSuite - a collection of secure, web accessible online tools based on popular and highly used collaborative sites from the commercial web to provide social networking and collaboration behind the DoD firewall. The milSuite applications - milBook, milWiki, and milTube allow communities to build, share and connect across the DoD community.
- Knowledge Management - a collection of GOTS and COTS tools that includes a Microsoft SharePoint Collaboration Services environment that partners can use and build upon, Green Force Tracker Chat/Instant Messaging and Presence/Awareness capability, and Manpower Information Retrieval and Reporting System (MIRARS) for managing personnel accountability in emergency situations.
- Single Interface to the Field (SIF) - provides reachback capabilities to both the field and enterprise support communities for C4ISR fielded systems. The backbone of SIF is the COTS BMC Remedy ITSM product, used as a hub that can be fed by the Unified Trouble Ticketing System (UTTS), a SharePoint front-end data collection site available to all Army Units at all echelons.
- Business Intelligence and Decision Support - provides capabilities aimed at transforming data into actionable information and facilitating data-driven decision making via big data/ data warehousing to identify trends, costs, outcomes and risks via ad-hoc end-user reporting capabilities and data visualization.
- While MilTech primarily adapts COTS products to solve business challenges via a Software as a Service Model, MilTech also offers custom development and configuration services to include: website, portal, program and project management and knowledge management systems development.