Satellite Communications: DCCS
The Deployable Communications Capabilities System (DCCS) supports United States Northern Command operations by enabling critical communications interoperability between military and civil forces. This non-program of record system provides the connectivity for Department of Defense and civil responders to support Homeland Defense and disaster relief operations in the Northern Command (NORTHCOM) assigned area of responsibility to defend, protect and secure the United States and its interests.
DCCS encompasses vehicular-based systems, aircraft-based systems and transit-cased systems with a portfolio of equipment which includes radio capabilities, position location, a common operating picture, planning tools, force tracking, web-based portal extension.
- Non-secure and secure point-to-point voice
- Non-secure and secure push-to-talk radio
- Position location-based services
- Common Operating Picture
- Operational planning tools
- Force tracking
- Collaboration services
- Web-based portal extension
- X/Ku-band antenna
- Commercial Internet, NIPR, SIPR, Voice
- Commercial-off-the-self - based